RSS

Saturday 27 August 2011

This wasn't what they imagined!

  My brother and sister-in law arrived in Santander excited, relaxed and looking forward to their journey of around 700miles. As they won't get access to their new home just yet they are staying with another brother and sister-in-law meantime. 

Having stopped at a garage en route my brother went inside leaving my sister-in-law in the car. A man knocked on the window telling her to come, insisting there was something dangerous at the back of the car he wanted to show her. She got out, went to the rear with him where he proceeded to show her the "danger". Simultaneously a car appeared, he jumped in and it sped off.   I'm sure you can imagine what happened. Her handbag containing their passports, euros, bank cards, diary, her prescription medicine, spare car keys, their new address, everything gone.  An accomplice had taken her bag from inside the car while she was distracted.  The police were called but they say these guys are professionals and unlikely to be caught.  My brother phoned me immediately to stop their cards for them and I must say both Nationwide and RBS were fantastic.

What a terrible start to their life in Spain. I'm happy to say that they are both positive people and are refusing to let this spoil their plans. They are physically unhurt and everything is replaceable. This morning the latest I received from them is that they stopped overnight in a hotel being mentally exhausted and have now reached our brothers house. They are ok and doing their utmost to chill.

I'm quite sure that if this hasn't reached the UK it won't be too long before it does. So, please let everyone you know be aware of this scam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment